Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dry Run

I did my dry run today -- 2.5 miles of walking followed by 1.6 miles of marching. I took along two 2.5 lb weights to simulate the cymbals and carried them the whole way. It was about 35 degrees the whole time and not rainy (but it was windy for a good part of it). Unfortunately, I forgot the CD I made of all the music and cadences.

I learned that:
  1. I need to include some cymbal flashes, particularly in the cadence, just to stretch out my arms. Those things are going to get heavy!
  2. I'm really looking forward to the silk longjohns coming in the mail, too. My legs were cold but my core was toasty warm.
  3. Marching a 28" step at 142 bpm is completetly unreasonable. Review Astro's comments in my previous post.
  4. I really hope each cymbal doesn't weigh more than 2.5lb. I've been having trouble getting a pair to practice with.
  5. It's really pretty when egrets fly overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment