The signup for the parade said to be ready to march 1.5 miles, with an additional 1-2 miles in walking -- in any weather condition (they ain't gonna postpone the Inauguration). Transportation, housing, and uniform are on-your-own. Be sure that you can actually play the instrument you've signed up for.
I'm so excited just to get in, but I gotta get ready. I need to buy a uniform jacket and arrange housing. Four others from our band are going, so I need to collaborate on transportation also. And it occurred to me last night that three out of the five of us are woefully out of shape. I'm not worried about instruments -- we can all play what we've committed to -- but more about actually getting down the parade route.
For me, this is an historic occassion. I don't even know anyone who has marched in an Inaugural Parade -- or Rose Bowl, or Macy's, or anything big like that. I want to really enjoy it. I don't want to be begging for an ambulance halfway through, and I don't want to be so exhausted that I can't actually bask in the experience. I was the parade to be easy. So I'd better get myself ready.
That's where you come in. I need some encouragement. Getting in shape is hard for anyone; add in the time pressure and it's pretty scary for me. Helpful comments would be much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment